Notification – Week 2
1. Circular No. 189/01/2023 – GST dated 13th January 2023/.
Clarification regarding GST rates and classification of certain goods based on the recommendations of the GST Council in its 48th meeting held on 17th December-2022.
1. Rab – classification under Tarif heading 1702: 2. Applicability of GST on by-products of milling of Dal pulses such as Chilka, Khanda and Churi/Chuni under HS code – 220299 with GST 28% and compensation Cess 12%. 3. Applicability of GST on snack pellet manufactured through extrusion process (such as fryums) under tariff code – 19059030 with GST rate 18%. 4. Applicability of Compensation cess on sports utility Vehicles (SUV’s) under tariff head 8703 with compensation cess – 22%. 5. Increase in the Applicability of GST rates from 5% to 12% to the list annexed in the Notification no. 03/2017 – Integrated Tax (Rate) ( like Petroleum Operations, Coal bed methan operations)https://taxinformation.cbic.gov.in/view-pdf/1003143/ENG/Circulars
2. Circular No. 190/02/2023 – GST dated 13th January 2023 Clarification regarding GST rates on certain services.
1. Applicability of GST on accommodation services supplied by Air force mess to its personnel or any other person than business is exempted from GST under the Notification no. 12/2017 – Central Tax (Rate). 2. The Incentive paid by by MeitY to acquiring banks under Incentive scheme for promotion of Rupay Debit Cards and low value BHIM – UPI transactions are in the nature of subsidy and thus not taxable.
3. Circular No. 01/2023 – Customs dated 11th January, 2023.
Customs (Assistance in Value Declaration of Identified Imported Goods)Rules, 2023. (CAVR-2023) – Reg.https://taxinformation.cbic.gov.in/view-pdf/1003141/ENG/Circulars
4. Circular No. 02/2023 – Customs dated 11th January, 2023.
Faceless Assessment – the Board has decided to implement SEO (Standard Examination Order) through the RMS across other assessment group, as per the schedule mentioned in the notification.https://taxinformation.cbic.gov.in/view-pdf/1003142/ENG/Circulars
1. Notification No. 02/2023 – Customs dated 13th January, 2023.
COVID – 19 Vaccines when imported into India are exempted from the Custom duty under the HSN 30. The notification shall come into force from 14th January 2023 and remain in force upto inclusive of 31st March 2023.https://taxinformation.cbic.gov.in/view-pdf/1009613/ENG/Notifications
2. Notification No. 03/2023 – Customs (N.T.) dated 11th January, 2023.
The Central Government makes the rules called the Customs (Assistance in Value declaration of Identified Imported Goods) Rules, 2023.https://taxinformation.cbic.gov.in/view-pdf/1009611/ENG/Notifications
3. Notification No. 04/2023 –
Customs (N.T.) dated 11th January, 2023 There is a increase and decrease in the Tariff value of edible oils, Brass scrap, Areca Nut, Gold and Silver – Reg.https://taxinformation.cbic.gov.in/view-pdf/1009612/ENG/Notifications
DGFT Notification – 02nd week.
1. Notification No. – 53/2015-20- dated 09th January 2023.
The revised Appendix 4R, after incorporating changes recommended by the RoDTEP Committee in relation to apparent errors and anomalies in 432 HS Codes in the earlier notified RoDTEP rates/caps, is being notified and will be applicable for exports made from 16.01.2023 to 30.09.2023.https://content.dgft.gov.in/Website/dgftprod/9918ce93-d852-46af-b0b4- d01704f6216c/English%20Notification%20No%2053.PDF
2. Public Notice No. 49/2015-2020 dated 09th January, 2023.
1. Amendment under Appendix 2T (List of Export Promotion Councils/ Commodity Boards/ Export Development Authorities) of Appendices and ANFs of FTP 2015- 2020 – reg. 2. A new entry at SI.No. 37 in Appendix 2T of FTP 2015-2020 is inserted . 3. Mobile and electronic Device Export Promotion Council (MEDEPC) has been included in the Appendix 2T of FTP 2015-20 for issuing Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) for specific items with immediate effect.https://content.dgft.gov.in/Website/dgftprod/e6d7d5dd-ccc0-4fec-9bdb- a53d5b7aedcc/PN%2049%20-%20MEDEPC%20-%20Eng.pdf
3. Public Notice No. 49/2015-2020 dated 09th January, 2023.
Last date of Import of Crude Soya Bean Oil under TRQ has been revised to 31.03.2023. Further, no allocation of TRQs for import of Crude Soya bean oil shall be made for the Financial year 2023-24.https://content.dgft.gov.in/Website/dgftprod/25d46a8c-a5c6-45f4-8443- 2ba1da8cf7d9/PN%2050%20dt%2011-01-23%20Eng.pdf
4. Trade Notice No. 24/2022-23 dated 12th January, 2023.
EODC Monitoring system for Advance /EPCG Authorisation – reg Therefore the instructions in respect to the usage of http://eodc.online are withdrawn with immediate effect.https://content.dgft.gov.in/Website/dgftprod/f96f23bc-6046-4080-91c5- af398c1614e0/Trade%20notice%2024.pdf