Notification – Week 4
1. Notification No. 06/2023 – Customs (NT) dated 25th January 2023.
The President is pleased to award Appreciation Certificates and Medals for – “Specifically Distinguished Record of Service” to the officers and staff of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC), Department of Revenue, on the occasion of the Republic day, 2023.
2. Notification No. 02/2023 – Customs (ADD) dated 25th January 2023.
The customs seek to levy anti-dumping duty on “Phthalic Anhydride” and the name of the producer has been substituted from “Aekyung Petrochemical Co. Ltd.” To “Aekyung Chemical Co. Ltd” in the duty table of the final findings.
DGFT Notification – 04th week.
1. Policy Circular No. 45/2015-20 Dated 23rd January 2023.
Import of products under Chapter 48 (Total 201 tariff lines) of Schedule I (Import Policy) of ITC (HS), 2022 are permitted subject to compulsory registration under Paper Import Monitoring system (PIMS) .
2. Notification No. 54/2015-2020 Dated 24th January, 2023.
Amendment in import policy condition of Urea (Exim code 31021000) in the ITC where in the revised policy condition, the following is added :
Import of Urea (for agricultural purpose) on Government account shall be allowed either by designated STEs itself, or through any entity /entities (Fertilizer Marketing Entities) so authorised by the Department of Fertilizer from time to time, for filling BEs at Indian ports.
3. Instruction No. 1/2023 – Central Boards of Indirect Taxes & Customs.
Implementation of E waste (Management) Rules, 2022 in suppression of E- waste (Management) Rules, 2016 .
The rules shall come into effect from 1st April 2023.
4. Instruction No. 2/2023 – Central Boards of Indirect Taxes & Customs.
Instruction regarding the Health Warning on both sides of the tobacco product packages covering 85% of display area.
4. Instruction No. 3/2023 – Central Boards of Indirect Taxes & Customs.
Cancellation of swapping order w.r.t. 8th & 9th and some sugar mills stands cancelled till further order and Reallocation of Export Quota for export during Sugar Season 2022-23 and holding of export quota.
5. Instruction No. 4/2023 – Central Boards of Indirect Taxes & Customs.
Amendment to Instruction No 18/2022-Customs dated 12.08.2022, Instruction No 30/2022-Customs dated 14.11.2022 and Instruction No 32/2022-Customs dated 28.11.2022 regarding extension of Requirement of Health Certificate accompanied with the import of food consignments