CBIC Notification – Week 5
1. Notification No. 02/2023 – Customs dated 01st February 2023.
Seeks to amend notification 50/2017 – customs dated 30th June 2017, there is some Insertion, substitutions, and exemption on the specified goods.
2. Notification No. 03/2023 – Customs Dated 1st February 2023.
Seeks to further amend notification No. 11/2021 – customs dated 1st February, 2021 as to levy/ exempt, of Agriculture and Infrastructure Development Cess (AIDC) on certain items. There is insertion, substitution and exemption on the specified goods.
3. Notification No. 04/2023 – Customs Dated 1st February, 2023.
Seeks to further amend notification no. 11/2018 – customs dated 2nd February, 2018 to revise / Provide Social Welfare Surcharge (SWS) exemption on specified goods.
There is insertion and substitution in the table on the specified goods.
4. Notification No. 05/2023 – Customs dated 1st February, 2023.
Seeks to rescind Notification No. 13/2021 – customs dated 1st February, which deals with the exemption of the whole of the Social Welfare Surcharge leviable on Agriculture Infrastructure and Development Cess falling under headings 7106 and 7108 when imported to India.
Seeks to rescind the Notification No. 34/2022 – customs dated 30th June 2022 – Which deals with the exemption of the whole of Social Welfare Surcharge leviable on Gold.
5. Notification No. 06/2023 – Customs dated 1st February, 2023.
Seeks to further amend notification Nos. 25/1999, 25/2002 and 57/2017 Customs dated 1st February, which is related to certain electronic items.
There is a substitution and insertion of specified goods in the table.
6. Notification No. 07/2023 – Customs dated 1st February, 2023.
The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs hereby makes the following regulations further to amend the Project Imports Regulations, in the Table against Sr. No. 4, in column 2, for the words “Any other Plant and Project “, the words, “Any other Plant and Project, other than solar power plant or solar power project” shall be substituted.
7. Notification No. 08/2023 – Customs dated 1st February, 2023.
Seeks to amend Notification No. 22/2022 – Customs regarding India – UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement.
In Table III against S.No. 12 under HSN No. 71081100, 71081200, 71081300 the In quota tariff rate has increased from 6.6 to 10 and In quota AIDC has increased from 2.5 to 4.
8. Notification No. 09/2023 – Customs dated 1st February 2023.
Seeks to amend the notification 57/2000 – Customs which exempts gold, silver and platinum imported under special schemes.
In the said notification in the Table against SI. No.1, in column (4) for the entries “11.85% and 6.1%”, the entry, “9.35%”, at both places shall be substituted.
9. Notification No. 10/2023 – Customs dated 1st February 2023.
Seeks to amend notification No. 146/94 – Customs, dated 13th July, 1994 to extend the exemption benefit to Warmblood horse for equestrian sports and extend the validity of said notification upto the 31st March, 2028.
10. Notification No. 11/2023 – Customs dated 1st February 2023.
Seeks to amend the notification by Extending the validity dates of the said upto 31st March 2028.
- Notification No. 90/2009 – from 07th September 2009 to 31st March, 2028.
- Notification No. 33/2017 – from 30th June 2017 to 31st March 2028.
- Notification No. 41/2017 – from 30th June 2017 to 31st March 2028.
11. Notification No. 12/2023 – Customs dated 1st February 2023.
Seeks to amend 32 notifications in order to provide specific end date to these notifications.
- There are some Omissions in the notifications.
- All 32 notifications shall be inserted with namely :
“Nothing contained in this notification shall have effect after 31st March, 2024.”
12. Notification No. 07/2023 – Customs (NT) dated 31st January 2023.
Fixation of Tariff value on the Edible oils, Brass scrap, Areca Nut, Gold and Silver – Reg.
13. Notification No. 08/2023 – Customs (NT) dated 2nd February 2023.
Exchange rate Notification – There is a increase and decrease in the exchange rates.
14. Notification No. 05/2023 – Central Excise dated 2nd February 2023.
The Central Government hereby exempts Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) when blended with Biogas or Compressed Biogas from so much of duty of excise leviable thereon the amount of GST paid.
15. Notification No. 06/2023 – Central Excise dated 3rd February 2023.
The Central excise seeks to increase the Special Additional excise duty on the production of Petroleum crude from Rs.1900/- to 5,050 per tonne and the export of Aviation Turbine fuel from Rs.3.50/- per litre to Rs.6.00/- per litre.
16. Notification No. 06/2023 – Central Excise dated 3rd February 2023.
The Central excise seeks to increase the Special Additional excise duty on Diesel from Rs.3.50/- per litre to 06.00/- per litre.
DGFT Notification – 05th week
1. Public Notice No. 54/2015-2020 Dated 31st January, 2023.
Amendment in conditions of the Standard Input Output Norms (SION) at E -136 for export of wheat flour (Atta) and amendment in para 4.05(iii) under Handbook of procedures 2015-20 – reg.
This is amended to include supporting manufacturers for job work.
2. Public Notice No. 55/2015-2020 Dated 02nd February 2023.
Nutraceutical products have been included in the jurisdiction of the Shellac & Forest Products Export Promotion Council (SHEFEXIL) in Appendix 2T of FT 2015 -2020.